top of page



Don't know...

  • What kind of plans you need for your project?

  • Where to start when designing your home?

  • What architectural and structural plans entail?

  • County requirements for new construction or remodels?

No need to worry! We have your answers. 

What plans do I need to give to my General Contractor?

  • You will need to provide a general contractor with a full set of architectural and structural construction plans. What that means is you will need plans for all floors (Basement, Main Floor, Second Floor, Roof, etc.), plot plan, elevation views, and construction details.

If I hire NCS Structural Engineering, what do I get included in the plan set?

  • If needed, we will provide both the architectural and structural floor plans, elevation views, and plot plan. On architectural plans, we show location of rooms, plumbing fixtures, and cabinets. For structural plans, we show only load bearing walls and elements.

What are the county requirements for new construction or remodels/additions.

**Different counties will require different information

For new construction, most counties require a full set of architectural and structural plans as well as a plot plan.

For remodels and additions (...)

Permits are needed for (...)

Wooden Home Framing

Let's Work Together

Was your question not answered?

bottom of page